Please register online to receive a library card for the University of Hamburg Library System.
The University of Hamburg Library System includes the following libraries:
- State and University Library
- The university's specialist libraries
- Central Medical Library
What do you need?
- A German or EU identity card. If the identity card does not contain an address, then a passport and confirmation of German residency is required.
- For free/discounted library cards: student/school card.
- If between 14 and 18 years of age, the supplementary registration document is required.
- Confirmation of employment status / employment contract from the University of Hamburg.
- Confirmation of employment status / employment contract from a university in the state of Hamburg.
- Proof of other reason for discount, such as entitlement to state benefits pursuant to SGB II (ALGII) and SGB XII, evidence of apprentice, military service, or civil service status.
- Persons applying for asylum need an Aufenthaltsgestattung (residence authorization) / Aufenthaltserlaubnis (residence permit)
Please provide us with all documents (ID cards, passports, etc.) as originals.